It's harvest time. We have been blessed with a beautiful garden this year. We have bottled over 100 quarts of beans and picked 16 1/2 dozen ears of corn on our first picking! I have been bottling and freezing corn and beans. I'm getting sick of it too. But, then the raspberries came on and I for some reason, love to pick raspberries, then bottle them. Mmmmm....so good! Now it's on to salsa, chili sauce, tomatoes and peaches! I love this time of year and you can feel that fall is just around the corner.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
That's a lot of work, Amy. You'll enjoy seeing the jars on the shelves and eating fruits of your labors later. Your garden looks great! Any secrets to getting your corn to produce so well? Mine fizzled as the summer sizzled.
No advice for corn. It was our first year that it has turned out so well. I don't know! We were happy though.
You are my canning hero. (actually you are my hero in many, many other things as well...) I did one day of spaghetti sauce and I was
D-O-N-E!!!
haha in that first pic zoie is just sitting there like dad does when he wants to change something outside hehehe she looks like shes doing it too
Post a Comment