Happy Birthday Matty! I cannot believe he is 18...but I did not cry! We celebrated by going to dinner for chinese food, his favorite. We went home and had cake that McKenna made (it was delicious). Grandma and Grandpa Frandsen came over and we opened his gifts. He got a new lens for his camera from Curt and I. McKenna made him a Thomas the Train blanket, since he loved Thomas when he was little. It was a mellow day, but a good one.
Having the Olympics going right now reminds of when he was born. We watched a lot of the olympics for the 3 days we were in the hospital after a c-section. He was a cute little baby boy and was very attatched to me. I remember going to nursery at church with him for 2 years because he coudn't be away from me. Now, he doesn't mind at all being away from me. :) That's how it is suppose to work, I guess. He is looking forward to graduation and then is planning on working until his mission next year. We are proud of him and can't wait to see what's next in the coming years!
Enjoying dinner!
The dreaded birthday kisses!





3 comments:
Bittersweet huh Amy? They grow up so fast and you're right, it seems like yesterday they couldn't stand to be away from us, now there's no problem! Congrats! What a cute kid!!!!
I can't believe it!! It's killing me! They grow up WAY too fast!!!
Wow! I still remember like yesterday of watching him tear into Christmas presents. I still can't believe he is 18! He will always be "little Matt" to me.
Post a Comment