The sad news came on the actual graduation day. :( Bono hurt his back and had to have surgery in Munich. First they postponed it, then cancelled it and have now rescheduled it for May 2011. Needless to say, Matt had a bit of depression for about a week. He will not be here in May 2011, he will be serving a mission and will not be attending. He was bummed, but has moved on.
He did indeed give Bono a bit of a tribute on the day of his graduation. You know when you hand your name card to the announcer at the graduation? Well, my son, whom I carried for nine months and named Matthew Curtis Paulson changed his given name to Matt Bono Paulson. Yes, he did. As he was starting to walk across and "Matt Bono Paulson" was announced, I thought, is that my boy? Well, immediately after that thought, was yes, of course. Who else would add Bono to his name? I won't be surprise if I have a grandson named Bono one day. I better snag my future daughter-in-law before her wedding day and give her the heads up!
Also, at Seminary graduation just a couple days previous, he graduated as Mathius Curtis Paulson. The teachers asked them to write down what name they wanted printed on their certificates. He thought that would be funny. He didn't think that they would really do it. I was quite embarrised about that one. Bono didn't really bother me though. Funny, funny.





No comments:
Post a Comment